1. Dates/Terms/Eligibility. IdaVend, KRPL Inc. and Inland Northwest Broadcasting (the “Station” or “IdaVend,” or “KRPL,” or “Inland Northwest Broadcasting”) may change the dates and/or terms of the Contest without prior notice. Any material changes will be broadcast on the station. The Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents, living within 100 miles of Moscow, Idaho or Pullman or Colfax, Washington unless otherwise specified. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees or agents of the Station, specific contest promotional partners, their parent companies or subsidiaries, other radio stations or any entity associated with the Contest, as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, may not participate.
2. Prizes. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 30 days. All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. By entering, participants without limitation, release and hold harmless KRPL Inc. and Inland Northwest Broadcasting and its affiliates, licenses, franchises, subsidiaries, promotional partners and their advertising agencies from any kind of liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind in connection with any promotion or acceptance and use of a prize won. KRPL Inc. and Inland Northwest Broadcasting are not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer.
3. Conditions/Restrictions. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the Station. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release, including a publicity release, as prepared by the Station prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize and may receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the Contest will be disqualified.
4. Conditions/Restrictions. KRPL Inc. and Inland Northwest Broadcasting are not responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching desired contest/request lines. Listeners can call the published contest line. If a caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken. Decisions of the station judges are final. All contest entries will become the property of KRPL Inc. and Inland Northwest Broadcasting.
5. Releases and Indemnification. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and indemnify the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant’s participation in the Contest.
6. Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available in person at the Station’s studios at 1114 North Almon (P.O. Box 8849) Moscow, Idaho 83843) during regular business hours or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address.
Special Internet rules:
1. Game and contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. Limit one entry per email address.
2. KRPL Inc. and Inland Northwest Broadcasting and sponsors are not responsible for: technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the stations, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
3. KRPL Inc. and Inland Northwest Broadcasting reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of KRPL Inc. or Inland Northwest Broadcasting corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. KRPL, Inc. or Inland Northwest Broadcasting, in their sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above.
Tax Information: Upon signing these forms and accepting your prize package, you have read and understand the necessity and implications of completing a W-9 form, and understand that you will be issued a 1099 form at the end of the year. Please see description below:
**Upon winning this prize, Inland Northwest Broadcasting MAY provide 1099 form as the winner(s) assume taxable responsibility of winnings.
Form 1099-misc. This form is filed by payors for each person to whom at least … $600 for rents or services in the course of a trade or business, was paid. Some of the items reported on this form are:
(3) Prizes and awards that were not paid for services rendered.
Translation: In essence, prize winners receive a service or an item that they do not have to pay for. That is taxable income for income tax purposes. Since the radio station is the business that gives away the prize we have to take care of the 1099. So you need to have the winner complete a W-9 which gives us there taxpayer information so we can complete a 1099 for them at the end of the year.