For 30 years, ZFun 106 has been the beat of the Palouse. Its fast-paced and energetic version of the Top 40 format appeals primarily to young adults. But because ZFun has been around awhile, it has a much broader demographic reach.
After three decades of being committed to our community, ZFun 106 continues to be relevant, fresh and exciting every day.
Bump in th Night
Bump in the Night is the biggest and best Halloween costume contest on the Palouse. The long-running annual party is by invitation only, and the only way to get the invitation is by winning on-air with ZFun 106.
Officer Newbill Safety Fair, City of Moscow
This annual event works to educate both parents and children about safety and health in Moscow, Idaho, and across the Palouse. It was introduced to the community in 2005, and renamed the Officer Newbill Kids Safety Fair when one of our community police officers lost his life in the line of duty, along with a local church sexton.
Vandal Spirit Friday Kick-off
The kickoff to the Vandal Athletics season happens at the Eastside Marketplace in Moscow, and hosts dozens of local businesses, booth spaces, vendors and — of course — Joe Vandal, plenty of athletes and even the Vandal Marching Band!
Moscow Light Up the Night Holiday Parade
The first Wednesday in December for Moscow means the annual Light up the Night holiday parade. Thousands of locals and students alike line Main Street for the parade, which usually has 20 to 30 floats. ZFun 106 emcees the whole shebang.
Palouse Cares Food Drive
Palouse Cares is the largest single-day food drive on the Palouse. Our group of stations support the event with cause-marketing, as well as other media pieces that we design and place. Local and regional businesses that want to participate are able to do so through this cause-marketing campaign.
Station Line Up:
- 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. The Rude Awakening with Steve Shannon
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Midday Music with Jeffrey Miles
- 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Ceci & the Afternoon Drive Home
- 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. Quick Mix @ 7
- 8 p.m. – Midnight Kennedy at Night
- 6 a.m. – 7 p.m. Today’s Hit Music on the Weekend
- 8 p.m. – Midnight Sticky Mix Saturday Night
- 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. Today’s Hit Music on the Weekend
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. American Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest
- 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Today’s Hit Music on the Weekend
- 8 p.m. – Midnight Sunday Night Slow Jams with R-Dub
2015 National Association of Broadcasters Crystal Radio Award Entry – The Crystal Radio Award was established in 1987 to recognize radio stations for year-round commitment to local community service. KZFN was selected as a finalist in 2015.